Yorktown Beach

October 27, 2014

Remember how I said I wanted to check out one of the river beaches this summer? Well, I'm only a few months late. The weekend before last, we met up with friends for our (semi)regular brunch date at the Riverwalk in Yorktown, and after our meal, ran down to the eensy-weensy beach to look around.

It was COLD and windy, but the water was still warm enough to wade and Anouk and her little girlfriends had a great time poking around on the sand and watching the tall ships cruising by (note to self: next year's resolution is to go on one of those).



I think I even have decided this visit that as far as upper Peninsula destinations go, I like Yorktown even more than Williamsburg. Both places are beautiful and CW definitely has a lot to do, but I appreciate Yorktown's proximity to the water and the more laid-back vibe and look forward to spending more time there. For those of you who already do -- what's your favorite thing to do/see in Ytown?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe