Wrap review: Natibaby Kurpie Chic

August 28, 2016



Oh hello! We're busy over here in the watermelon patch soaking up the last few days of summer before school starts (full day kindergarten! sob!). One of the constant on our adventures these past few weeks has been Natibaby Kurpie Chic, courtesy of Marsupial Mamas. Is there anything like linen for summer? I don't think so!

Kurpie Chic is a 25% linen/75% cotton blend which means it is both supportive and breathable -- thin, but never diggy on the shoulders. (In fact, it reminds me a lot of my favorite hemp/cotton blend, Didymos Deep Blue Sea Fish.) It's got good glide, with the passes sliding into place and though I don't feel much microtexture when I rub it between my fingers I have never noticed or worried about things starting to sag. Because of this, I find myself reaching for it when I know I'm going to be outside for a while, being active and not in a position to stop and re-wrap, like on our picnic to Fort Monroe last weekend, where a friend shot these photos.

Kurpie Chic has done great in every carry I've tried it in (from a simple ruck to Maxine's Back Carry to Charlie's Cross Carry), but in my opinion, it shines as the perfect double hammock, as it's got a lot of recoil without being constraining. It's a 6, which is size base -1 for me, but wraps long because of its thinness and moldability -- I find myself being able to do lots of base size carries in it. Very versatile, which is appreciated.

On our picnic it got passed around a bit, and was used on all size babies and even wrapped a bump! I'd recommend it for any wrapper, of any experience level -- it's the perfect all-purpose wrap and would be great in a minimalist stash or as a wrap to last from newborn to toddlerhood. Just be sure you put in the time with it -- Kurpie chic came to me washed and prepped and fairly soft but basically melted the more work I did breaking it in.

Thanks to Marsupial Mamas for letting us play with this beautiful carrier! You can check out their entire selection of Natibaby, including some gorgeous exclusives, here.

A few more from our day of fun:




 Good luck to everybody starting school tomorrow!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe