Sunday Brunch at the Beach Pub

September 10, 2012


From the moment I stepped foot in the Beach Pub, I could tell that it was going to be a great kid-friendly dining experience. A nice chatty atmosphere, crayon art all over the walls, babies everywhere, and nobody giving their parents the stink eye.

From the moment I had the first sip of my Bloody Mary, I could tell I had found a new favorite brunch location to add to the list.

Jackpot.

J. and I discovered the Beach Pub halfway through an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives airing late one night on the Food Network. We watch so much Food Network that we've become a little desensitized to it, but as we watched the Beach Pub footage we found ourselves starting to perk up our ears. "Where is this place?" James asked. "Oh, please, oh please," I said, and Googled, and yes! Laskin Road, baby. Right down at the Oceanfront.

The food was just as delicious as it looked on the small screen. It did not disappoint. James had the crab omelet (with fresh, hot blueberry muffins), I shared a plate of broiled crab with butter with Anne (with a pasta salad that I honestly did not expect to be as good as it was), and for an appetizer, we ordered the famous Oysters Rockafeller that were featured on the DDD episode. Next time I go, I am skipping everything else and ordering them as my entree. (With a Bloody Mary, of course).




As we ate, we people watched a little -- the Beach Pub is a great place for people watching. Seersucker suits, Redskins Hawaiian shirts, folks in their Sunday best, folks in beach cover ups. The works. We were seated by the hostess station and of course Baby A. waved to each and every person who walked by, including the staff, who very good-naturedly waved back every single time. (I told you it was baby friendly).

Don't just take my word for it, though:


 I rest my case.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for the review. This place isn't far from me and I noticed the DDD banner above it. Need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe