12 in 12 (July 2013)

July 17, 2013

I was supposed to take photos for the July 12 in 12 challenge on Friday the 12th, but my camera was in the shop for its yearly tune up. Ergo, these photos are actually from Monday, July 15th. It was a pretty average day -- not a whole lot going on -- but a good one all the same. Don't forget to check out Darcy and Rebecca's 12 in 12 projects this month and to let us know if you want us to link up to you for next month's 12 in 12!

___________

8:30 AM: Anouk wakes up before me and greets me with vibrant purple marker outlining her eyes. "Mommy, I pretty!" I alternate between being horrified that the ink might be toxic (it isn't) and impressed with her steady hand.





9:45 AM: Now that Anouk has finally (mostly) left the putting-everything-in-her-mouth stage, I feel like I can break out my favorite dangly-beaded summer sandals, which have been in storage since May 2011. Welcome back, friends!



10:30 AM: A trip to the garden reveals that a half-dozen tomatoes have started to turn red overnight. We pick them and put them in our window, lest the squirrels eat them before we can.



11:15 AM: Playdate at Adalae and Zeke's house.


12:00 PM: A. helps me and Miss Molly get ready for Kid's Clothes Week.






12:45 PM: Temper tantrum.



3 PM: After lunch, nap, and a trip to the store, I ask A. to help me clean her room.



24 minutes (and many entreaties, threats, and finally bribes) later, the room looks like this:



These photos are probably the best representation of how I spend my days.

5:30 PM: It's James's night to make dinner (venison burgers, grilled squash, and gazpacho). Since we're off dinner duty, A. and I head outside to for some sprinkler action. The weather is perfect for this, just a balmy 97 or so degrees.





8:30 PM: Anne is finally in bed and so it's down to the sweltering garage for a workout. A month or so ago, I mentioned wanting to get stronger and J. volunteered to train me in our home gym. He is a very strict trainer and our sessions usually end with me yelling at him but it seems to be working.

How was your day?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe