Happy Friday links (and where else to find me)

April 18, 2014


We dyed eggs this week, of course. And by "we" I mean that the adults dyed eggs -- the kids didn't seem interested beyond a first few dunks but get together a couple of Pinteresting mamas and you have the perfect way to while away an afternoon while the small ones dump toys out downstairs. My favorites were the pretty dip-dyed ones, I love the way they turned out.



Speaking of Easter eggs, I love this article, posted on Practically Perfect Travel's FB page, about the fabulous works of art in Walt Disney World's Grand Floridian Resort Easter Egg display. Tell the truth, how loud would your kid wail for that Elsa egg?

Here are some kids who have never seen a Walkman before and have no idea ON EARTH what it is used for. I feel old.

Selfies for science! NASA is asking everybody on Earth to take a photo of themselves on April 22 and help them create an image of what our world looks like through this different lens.

I know New York is considered a lot safer and more convenient now, but these pictures of NYC storefronts taken 10 years apart make me a little sad (especially the one of CBGB) (does it seem like Subway might be taking over the world?)

Over at AltDaily, local readers are talking about ways to make Virginia Beach cooler. Am I helplessly uncool if I think it's already pretty cool as it is?

A chef writes about cooking Passover seder for the First Family (I want that recipe for coconut quinoa!)


Over at Fun and Free Hampton Roads, I'm posting today about guided walking tours at Forest Lawn and also some free Easter egg hunts around town, sort of a part II to last Friday's post. Check it out! And have a happy weekend.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I was just saying I want Jewish friends. I love Passover.

    Whoa. Leave it to Disney to display the coolest eggs ever.

    OMG those kids reacting the to Walkman makes me feel SO old. Remember the CD ones when they first came out? How you had to hold them steady while walking to keep them from skipping. Ahhh memories.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe