A Day in the Life (January 2015)

January 21, 2015

January 12 was a gross cold and rainy, the kind of day in which you don't do anything much but still end up feeling very busy? I chalk it up to cleaning up after the holidays, settling back into the school routine, and the fact that January 12 was a Monday, which just generally multiplies the chicken-with-its-head-cut-off feeling.

Stop by Darcy and Rebecca's blogs to see how their 12ths went!



7:45 AM: James very awesomely got me a Canon 6D for Christmas (and my birthday) and I looooove it. This is my first time shooting 12 in 12 with it, and I'm still kind of getting used to the new lens and controls. Bear with me... (P.S. I made my bed for you, blogland!)



8:30 AM: Barbie fashion show after breakfast but before the frenzied rush to get ready for school.



10:00 AM: Cleaning. I just finished The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and while I laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of some parts, I have to admit that it has made a huge difference in how I clean (and how clean our house stays). My favorite part? Folding our clothes to make more space in our drawers.



11:00 AM: I mentioned last month that I finished piecing my first quilt. Now on to the binding, which is tricky but a relief after the actual quilting process.



12:30 PM: Miri comes to play after lunch. After dress up and play dough, the girls succumb to the siren song of the iPad. And I succumb to letting them succumb.



3:30 PM: A bright and materialistic spot in the gray afternoon -- my ThredUp box arrived! I was really excited about this bcbg black and white sweater but sadly the hem is kind of wonky so it's going back.



4:45 PM: Time to leave for dance. A. is in the Tiny Tots ballet/tap combo and it is just as adorable as you imagine.



6:30 PM: I was really excited to make our own hamburger rolls to go with tonight's sloppy joe's. The rolls turned out kind of puny but still tasted good.





7:45 PM: We have found some great thrift-store books lately, including Danny the Dinosaur and a couple from the Let's Read and Find Out science series. We now all know how tornados are formed and why frogs are wet, what a relief as we were wondering! (For those in the #HRVA area, Good Mojo on Granby has 10 cent kids books and a great selection.)




9:00 PM: Watching Broad City with James (he is Abbi, I'm Ilana).







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am jealous over the camera! Bart keeps using mine all the time for work, so I think it's about time I get a new one. Maybe come Christmas....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe