March Grateful List

April 22, 2015


The big news from March...Anouk is going to be a big sister! #1 on our grateful list this month is that I passed the end of the first trimester with everything looking wonderful with little Boo Boo Butt, as Anouk calls him/her/it (if you've read The Book with No Pictures you'll know why). We are super excited and can't wait until October to meet this little bean. 

Fortunately, this pregnancy is going much more smoothly than mine with A. Unfortunately, I'm having 10x more morning sickness and it's lasted 10x longer, too, which explains the lack of activity on the blog lately. Thanks for hanging around despite the lack of updates, working hard on making them more frequent from here on out. 

The Arts
  • Seeing Cinderella and the new Frozen short 
  • Listening my way through RadioLab archives 
  • Reading A Tale for the Time Being and The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August 
  • Reading Design Mom: (a review copy from the publisher -- I found it inspiring enough to skim twice and have plans to tackle at least two of the DIY project ideas). 
  • Reading The Book with No Pictures with A. (over and over and over again) 

Food
  • Kappo Nara for ramen with friends and kids in tow
  • Ethiopian at A&N Cafe 
  • Dinner at Surf Rider for my dad's birthday 
  • Seafood jambalaya at Captain Groovy's 

Places
  • Afternoon moms coffee date at Cure 
  • Anne's birthday at the Virginia Zoo (they put  on  great show, stay tuned for more details)
  • Another visit to the Mr. Potato Head exhibit at The Virginia Aquarium (it was as awesome as James said) 

Stuff
  • Prenatal yoga videos from DoYogaWithMe (free!) 
  • Rediscovering my love for Bedhead's After Party, the only thing that remotely lets me wash and go with my curls.
  • Jean leggings from Hue -- the perfect thing to bridge the gap between regular and maternity clothing.
  • Scoring tons of Crewcuts swag for Anne on ThredUp. 

Etc.
  • Ocean View's St. Paddy's Day parade. Despite the rain, we scored an epic front-row spot and had a great time with friends. 
  • Watching March Madness as a family. 
  • A visit from our friends from DC and introducing Jamie to my fave thrift stores. 
  • Starting seeds for our garden! 
  • Camellia season -- my favorite time of year
  • Anne's new playhouse from James's parents. 
  • "Fine. Then you can't come to college with me." - A., after I wouldn't give her some treat she wanted. 
  • "One a ponce a time..." the way A. thinks stories begin
  • "These are my wedding shoes for when I marry Anouk." -A's friend Atom, trying on her glitter sandals. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love anything by Ruth Ozeki, and especially A Tale for the Time Being. Recently read The First Fifteen Lives... Liked it so much that when I finished it I immediately turned to the first page and read it straight through again. I too have a list of what my kids said to me when they were small. It's so helpful for when they want a story "about when I was little."

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe