We ♥ Baby Talk Cafe

April 10, 2016





My friend and fellow local blogger Brittany introduced me to Baby Talk Cafe in the Churchland area of Portsmouth and I'm so glad she did! It's difficult sometimes to find a place where, as a parent, you can go with your child and not feel like you have to spend your whole time there wrangling your child to act like an adult. Baby Talk Cafe is a coffee house that is set up specifically to let kids and adults coexist happily in the same place, and the result is wonderfully welcoming and comfortable, the kind of place you want to go back to again and again. The cafe's motto is "more than a cafe -- a community" and it really truly is.

We met up there a week or so ago for an impromptu play date and had a great time. The kids ran around in the (generously sized) play area. The moms sat on comfy couches and talked and drank coffee (which is actually GOOD) while the owner, Tanya, chatted with us about some of the upcoming events Baby Talk has hosted (including craft nights and game nights, vendor marketplaces and story times).



I posted something on Facebook last week about feeling overwhelmed since Gus was born and I get acquainted with the task of managing two children. Since then, I've heard from people telling me that they struggle with this, too.  I appreciate places like Baby Talk that let us relax and unwind WITH our kids (since it's hard to carve out time away from them). Remember to do something nice for yourself today, everyone!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So true! I was just there today & I love it. Scream played and had a great time while I got some work done.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe