Upcycled pom-pom shirt

February 05, 2015




Anouk inherited this hand-me-down blue corduroy shirt from my friend Molly's son, Z. My kid usually likes lots of glitz and glamour and pink, but I thought this shirt was innocuous enough that it might slip by without comment. No such luck. As soon as A. pulled it out of the pile of clothes: "Mom...this is for a BOY."

The pom-pom idea was something I saw on Pinterest, ages ago. They had suggested sewing the poms (onto a skirt) but I found that the act of piercing them with a needle made them fall apart. And hot glue melted them (I only have a high-temp gun). In the end, we used E6000 craft adhesive, which is usually for working with metals or woods, but it worked great and has been through 2 washes (but not in the dryer!) with no problems.

Anouk loves her quick, cheap, and easy pom-pom shirt! So much so that she was really voguing it up during our photoshoot.



^^ the tongue is her signature pose. SO FASHUN.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe