A Pumpkin fairy house

October 28, 2015




This is one of my favorite fall activities ever and probably a new tradition in our family. It's also Anouk's brilliant idea and her first project contribution to the blog! "Mom, can we make a fairy house  out of one of our pumpkins and take pictures of it for the internet?" That's kind of the name of my game, kid!

A. used a marker to draw where she wanted the windows and doors, I cut, and then we decorated the whole thing with a mix of things found in our craft box and things found in our yard. Magnolia leaves made a perfect roof (straight pins from the sewing basket kept them in place). Moss made a carpet. Rosemary in a little pot gave the fairies something nice to smell and look at. Little acorn caps (the squirrels have been busy in our neighborhood) were stepping stones and also hats for the fairies to wear in case they felt like dressing up. At night a little "fire" (AKA battery operated candle) lights up the windows behind the dotted fabric curtains. 

"How will we know when the fairies have moved in?" <-- that's when I realized that my kid really does believe in fairies. Do I encourage this or sort of wink at it? I don't know but I do know that as soon as it stops raining around here, the fairies are going leave a trail of glittery footsteps in washable (hopefully?) paint leading up to their house. 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. As for me I like using service from http://www.primeresumewriter.com/ because every time I need a job it helps me with my resume writing! It is a perfect service for this and for job searching

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe