August and September Grateful list

October 25, 2015




I'm a little behind on grateful lists thanks to Gus being born -- I just realized when I went to put up September that I had scheduled the day after his birthday to post August's grateful list and then never did it. So here are both August and September's lists! Be forewarned, they are a little long, because we have a lot to be grateful for (CHEESY but TRUE). And they're heavy on the baby stuff, because that's where I am right at the moment, right in the middle of newborn-land. 

It's funny -- August 2015 was probably the slowest ever month of my life. I felt like it would never end; each day seemed to take a week. But September whizzed by and I just want to yell SLOW DOWN. I am trying to be really careful to put down the phone and stop and really appreciate and try to memorize one moment every day, be it Anouk's ponytail bouncing as she walks into her classroom or the way Gus breathes when he's sleeping on my lap. But I am really sleep-deprived right now thanks to a baby who wants to eat every hour and a half. So I could be hallucinating half of these things, who knows?


AUGUST

Arts

  • Petite Picasso at Larchmont Library (we loved their summer programs!) 
  • Watching Empire
  • Reading Utopia: The Genius of Emily Kame Kngwarreye


Food


  • Family dinner at Jessy's in East Beach 
  • lunch at Wharf Hill Brewery (Smithfield) 
  • dinner at Umos (their horchata is amazing!) 
  • Mongolian BBQ! with Danielle 

Places


  • Visiting the Portsmouth Farmers Market 
  • Windsor Castle Park 
  • Discovering a new playground 
  • Brunch and Bluebird Gap with friends 

Stuff

Etc.


  • Our playgroup end-of-summer pool party with a surprise mini shower for me! I was so surprised and touched, thank you T. for organizing it and everyone else for celebrating with us. x
  • Taking the family tour of our hospital's birth center with Anouk and J. 
  • Anouk learning how to say "no offense" and saying it all the time (but not really knowing what it means, no offense)
  • Setting up the nursery to house two kids
  • Fabric swap with sewing group
  • Visit from my bestie, in town from NY

SEPTEMBER 

Arts


  • Discovering the Becoming Minimalist blog and reading my way through the archives
  • Marathon sessions of 30 Rock while breastfeeding
  • Elizabeth Mitchell and Dan Zanes's Turn Turn Turn playing in the background of everything
  • The kids painting rocks and shells at their "painting party" (Anouk very carefully painted a gray rock gray, I can't make this stuff up)

Food


  • NO MORE GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!!!!!!
  • First pumpkin spice latte of the season (thank you, Mylinh!) 
  • Birthday cake from Molly (she brought it right to the hospital, that's a great friend for sure)
  • Grinders from Zero's -- I really missed deli meats. 

Places


  • Fall festival in Mathews, VA.
  • Last days of swimming at the Y on Granby

(Mostly Baby) Stuff
  • My beautiful Pavo Duet (thank you so much, D!) 
  • Tiny baby leg warmers making diaper changes so much easier (thank you, Angela!)
  • Free breastpump! (thanks, Obama!) 
  • Hunter boots (SO grateful for them in this rainy fall weather) 
  • Bravado nursing bra, this onebest ever
  • Beautiful handwoven rug scored from a yard sale for a steal (now if the stains come out of it, that will be on next month's list). 

Etc. 


  • Labor Day pool party
  • Anouk starting soccer (her first game was on the day Gus was born!)
  • OUR HEALTHY BABY BOY
  • Adorably skinny newborn legs 
  • Anouk, receiving her big sister present from Gus: "Wow, he has really good taste!" 
  • Gus's first playgroup <3
  • James, after watching Gus be born: "I think I understand the dude in Indian Camp a little better now." 
  • Anouk's first day of Pre-K 5 
  • Mom and the aunts cleaning my house from top to bottom 
  • Family and friends visiting to meet our new arrival 
  • First cool weather days! 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Cathy, I'm grateful for your grateful lists, and I'm grateful for you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was searching for cheap paper writing service and I have found this blog, I am sure here I will see the things I need for my research paper! It is a very much curious topic indeed

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe