Valentine Shoe Clips

February 13, 2014


Here's a last minute Valentines craft we did during the little snowstorm we had last night. I was browsing Pinterest a few weeks ago when I saw these adorable glittery heart-shaped shoe clips. At almost $35 a pair, the price was a little outside of our budget but Anouk was so enamored that I decided to try a DIY.

We cut hearts from red poster board, covered them in glitter, and then I verrrrry carefully superglued bobby pins to the back (flat side against the paper) (hot glue would probably work better). They slip right over the front of the shoe pretty comfortably and they look just as adorable as we'd hoped. Pro tip: if you have glitter cardstock already available to you, I think it would be even easier to use that.

As far as running and jumping and wearing them outside go....well, we haven't tried it but I don't I think they'll hold up super-great being just paper and all. I do, however, think they'll be just the right thing to wear on Valentines Day! Next year, I'd like to try to make a more durable version, maybe from felt or faux leather? Or else save my pennies for the original, which are gorgeous.

We're taking the rest of the week off. Happy Valentines Day! Hope you're spending it with somebody you love. x


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe