My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag: A book about cleaning

March 06, 2014




James's mom sent me this copy of My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag: And Other Things You Can't Ask Martha -- almost as soon as I saw it I knew it was destined for a place of honor on the kitchen shelf with my favorite cookbooks. I generally think the idea of being a "housewife" is a little nauseating (even though I am one?) but I do take a secret pride at being good at cleaning and I love learning new tricks.

Jolie Kerr's second book answers reader questions on how to clean the most random (yet filthy) things: everything from hair dryers to car seatbelts. The book has only been in the house a few days but I've already read it cover to cover and even used a few of its tricks (Woollite + vinegar to de-deoderantify workout clothes is my fave).

Most of all, I love Jolie Kerr's refreshing honesty and ability to deal with the grossest, most off-colored scenarios. And for reminding us all that you can still be a Clean Person even if you occasionally fall asleep eating chocolate in bed.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds fun!
    I love being a housewife.
    Maybe it's the term that gets you?
    Do you have a term you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a political thing -- I just feel like a true housewife would burn fewer meals? If I do meet the cut, then I love it too.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe