DIY Illustrated Kitchen Towels

December 02, 2014




My friend Molly turned me on to flour sacks being the absolute best for drying dishes and now whenever I am out, I look out for them. I found this pair at the thrift store for $1 apiece, and after a wash with little bleach, they were as good as new.

Except the towels were a little plain, so I decided to spice them up with a few of Anouk's adorable drawings. She's been really into drawing people lately, and I think that they are so sweet, with their 90s sideswept hair and their little tiny bodies.

I think this would be an great DIY Christmas present for kids to make for the adults in their lives. Luckily, unlike most DIY Christmas projects, this is literally the easiest craft ever. Here's how it goes: Collect your child's drawing and lay underneath the flour sack towel. The design should show through the loose weave of the cloth. Trace the drawing with a sharpie. Boom!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe