November Grateful List

December 18, 2014



Every month, my Darcy does a grateful list over at her blog. I've been trying to focus on being more grateful for small things in my life that I love, so I asked her if I could "steal" her idea and she said yes. Thanks Darcy! So here goes, my first attempt ever.


The Arts

  • Listening to the Serial podcast and wondering whodunit. 
  • Watching Transparent (Netflix's new series).
  • Watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving for the first time with A. 
  • Being in kind of a mystery mood and reading two great ones: Before I Go to Sleep and The Secret Place.
  • Taking in the Worn to be Wild Exhibit and seeing new Picasso at the Chrysler.
  • Hitting the Bruce Munro Light exhibit at the Hermitage with M. and A.

Food
  • Ramen from Kappo Nara.  
  • Mongolian BBQ with the fam for L.'s birthday. 
  • James making his delicious hummus for Thanksgiving. 
  • Getting surprise pumpkin macaroons and fresh biscuits from the neighbors on Thanksgiving Eve. 

Places
  • Meeting halfway with DC friends and spending a fall day in Richmond. 
  • Visiting Montpelier on a whim and having a great time. 
  • A lazy afternoon at Cafe Stella with George.
  • Walking the Garden of Lights with friends. 
  • A 75-degree day at the park with pretty much everybody we know there, too. 

Stuff
  • Finding the best pair of vintage boots ever. 
  • New Warby Parker glasses. 

Etc.
  • Black Friday thrifting with M. and K. 
  • Molly and T. and the kids joining us for Thanksgiving.
  • "Miri, thank you for sitting with me. And for being my friend." - overhearing A., talking to her classmate, totally unprompted. 
  • Making gratefulness feathers with Kelly and the little girls (A. was grateful for Elsa, Anna, and food). 
  • Going to family chapel and hearing A.'s class recite and sing in front of the whole school.
  • Lots of late-night sewing: making pillows, a sweater, and finishing piecing my first quilt! 

What kinds of wonderful things are on your list?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Culture

Instagram

Subscribe